R10000 / R5000 and Debian

I have the opportunity to buy a SGI R10000 or R5000 (model O2) very cheap.
Now they are running under Irix. I would prefer to run Debian Linux. ;))

I found on the Debian-Website that there are known problems for these models:

Bekannte Probleme
O2 R10000 is NOT supported
O2 R5000 - EXPERIMENTAL without framebuffer

Does anyone have experiences with these machines and knows, if these problems
were solved, or do they still exist?
Is it possible to run Sarge?

Robin Haunschild

  .''`.     Ha Psi ist gleich Eh Psi
 : :'  :    -Niemals aufgeben, niemals kapitulieren-
 `. `'`    *Linux* - apt-get into it
Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word-, Excel- oder PowerPoint-Anhänge.
Siehe http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.de.html