Question about use of PMAD-AA ethernet adapter on Decstation

I haven't managed to get my add on ethernet card to work in Debian Linux
yet on my Decstation 5000/133.  I was looking through the kernal patch
for mips, and saw this code:

#if 0
  /* We use this driver for the onboard LANCE only */

        /* Scan slots for PMAD-AA cards first. */
 #ifdef CONFIG_TC
        if (TURBOCHANNEL) {
[snip]
               }
       }
#endif
#endif

This looks to me as if it purposely makes the PMAD-AA not even an option
to use, although I was told at one point that supposedly it should work.

Does anyone have an update on the status of the driver?

Len Sorensen (Who really doesn't want to have to run NetBSD to get dual
ethernet on his decstation)