Re: install from CD on an Indy (and others)

Hello to everyone,

a request for help and some useful info for other people.

I have a spare O2 R5000 to use for Debian, but for the current setup I have
here installing a dhcp/tftp server is very unhandy (all the machines NEED
to act as dhcp clients).

I was wondering how to make a boot cd (which I could easily do on another
machine) for the O2. Looking at http://kumba.drachentekh.net/xml/myguide.html
I've seen Gentoo/MIPS uses a Debian boot image (kernel 2.4.19) in a single
file (ECOFF, not ELF). Searching on debian mailing lists showed nothing.
Since that it's used to install any SGI machine for Gentoo it should contain
support for all that is mentioned in the compatibility list at the top.
Can someone please tell me where that image did come from?

Can also someone please tell me how to make a boot cd out of it?

Thanks to all the nice people in there.

Simone