Re: Debian Big Endian ramdisk...

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 10:49:20AM +0530, Ashish anand wrote:
> 3.Finally we tried debian big endian busybox ramdisk and it simply worked
> for us. ..now we seek to have our own custom ramdisk.
Debian was your 3. choice, not your first 1.? Hmm...I shouldn't answer
your question :)

> It would be really a great help if we get to know that which compiler and
> glibc package & version is being used in building ramdisk...
The ramdisk was built natively on a SGI Indy runinng a standard debian
woody (the current stable release). You can look up the gcc, binutils,
busybox, etc. versions at http://packages.debian.org/. The boot-floppies
source (which contains among other things the scripts to build the
ramdisk (and a complete list of build-dependencies)) can be found at
	http://cvs.debian.org/boot-floppies/?cvsroot=debian-boot
Feel free to drop us some evalutaion boards if debian works well for
your company.
 -- Guido