Re: Problem with booting the installation system

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 12:42:33AM +0100, Tobias König wrote:

> I tried to run Debian-Mips on my SNI RM200.
> When I try to boot via bootp:
>
> boot -f bootp():/tftpimage
>
> ,the system connects an prints out:
> 2027520
> then it hangs.

This cannot work, as Debian/MIPS currently only support SGI IP22 systems,
but not the SNI RM200(C).

What kind of machine do you have exactly - an RM200 (with a VLB slot)
or an RM200C (with PCI)? Which endianess (delivered with NT/MIPS: little
endian; delivered with Sinix/Reliant Unix: big endian)?

The only combination currently supported by Linux/MIPS at all is the
little-endian RM200C, and there is no Debian installer support for it as
none of the Debian people has such a machine. In case you have the little
endian firmware disks for an RM200C, we might me able to change that.

HTH,
Karsten
--
#include <standard_disclaimer>