building cobalt kernel

Hello,
I have been trying to build the 2.4.20 kernel for a Cobalt Raq2
server.  So far, everything has built fine (though not without several
modifications to the kernel source), and I was able to produce a
vmlinux and System.map.  However, when I move this file to /boot and
bounce the server, it doesn't seem to load the kernel and it freezes
(unfortunately, my minicom doesn't seem to be talking to the cobalt,
so I can't produce an error message yet).
Does anyone know what I have to do to install this new kernel?

Thanks,
Nik

--
Nik Reiman // nik@aboleo.net \\ http://www.aboleo.net