Re: dietlibc - mipsel build failure

Gerrit Pape wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the latest upload of the diet libc fails to build from source on mipsel.
> That's curious, because there are no changes in the mips(el) code since
> the previous version (0.22-0cvs20021128.2) which did build fine.  The
> package still builds fine on mips.
>
> I guess that the compiler has changed.  Unfortunately I don't have
> access to a mipsel machine, and so cannot track the problem down.

Specifically, it looks like the assembler has changed (binutils from
CVS after 12-12-2002). I guess the mips gas on the autobuilder is
older, while the mipsel one is newer. At least the Linux Kernel is also
affected by this.

I've just posted a patch to the binutils mailing list which hopefully
fixes the assembler. If you are interested in the details, see
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-02/msg00179.html

Thiemo