Re: Indy R5k - install, but no boot

Hi,

> > SystemPartition=scsi(0)disk(1)partition(8)
> >
> > should be OK. It outright refuses to boot with
> >
> > SystemPartition=scsi(0)disk(1)partition(0)
> > or
> > SystemPartition=scsi(0)disk(1)partition(1)
>
> I think this should be
> SystemPartition=scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(8)
>                               ^^^^^^^^

Yes, you're right, I was missing the rdisk(0) in my mail - but it
definitely is there in the settings. Else, it wouldn't find the kernel
at all.

> partition 8 is the volume header where either your kernel or your
> bootloader (arcboot) should be.

Yupp, the kernel is found, so SystemPartition should be alright as
Guido pointed out. I haven't tried arcboot jet and I doubt that I will
have the time tonight...

TIA,
Uli

--