Re: Debian auf einem RaQ2 MIPS R4000

On Tue, 2003-01-14 21:13:13 +0100, Mirko Steiner <mirko.steiner@slashdevslashnull.de>
wrote in message <[🔎] 3E246F59.6030806@slashdevslashnull.de>:

> that he is loading the kernel and ive sharing a nfs direktory but somehow

I don't personally know the Raq2. AFter loading the kernel, do you see
any kernel output? If not, you possibly may want to redirect this to
some serial port by adding 'console=ttyS0' (for example) to kernel's
boot parameters.

> the box wont start the installation. would be nice if someone can give me

I think we really need to know how far you get...

> Iam also not sure about the options that i use bye `bfd' to boot the system
> is use:
> `bfd /tftpboot/tftpboot.img nfsroot=/tftpboot/mips-debian-root/'
> but it wont not realy, too :)

Hmmm. You're at least missing 'root=/dev/nfs'. Otherwise 'nfsroot=...'
will be ignored IIRC... And possibly, you'd also add 'console=ttyS0' if
serial ports on that hardware are supported.

MfG, JBG

   "Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur
    fuer einen Freien Staat voll Freier Bürger" | im Internet!
   Shell Script APT-Proxy: http://lug-owl.de/~jbglaw/software/ap2/