Re: -> 2nd SCSI Disk?!

Hi,

>I just put a 2nd SCSI Disk into my Indy Workstation. Partitioning it was
>a bit tricky. Setting up a partition as swapspace went well. But I am
>not able to use the normal partition. I can´t even mount it. Is this a
>driver or a hardware problem. I got an (well 6) Indy Workstation. I use
>kernel version 2.4.22 of the mips-cvs kernel with the scsi patch i got
>from ftp://ftp.linux-mips.org/pub/linux/mips/people/ladis/sgiwd93.diff.
>This works very well for one disk. After installing another one I got
>some errors like this:

>scsi0: ERROR on channel 0, id 2, lun 0, CDB: 0x03 00 00 00 40 00
>Info fld=0x307a, Current sd08:11: sns = f0  3
>ASC=11 ASCQ= 1
>Raw sense data:0xf0 0x00 0x03 0x00 0x00 0x30 0x7a 0x0a 0x00 0x00 0x00
>0x00 0x11 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
>  I/O error: dev 08:11, sector 10

Have you checked if the parity setting of the new disk is the same as the
setting for the existing disk?

>The harddisk worked fine in my SparcStation. BTW: What about the
>external SCSI connector on the Indy? Is it useable with linux?

It is, but as I installed it only without parity checking. As I hooked
up a SCSI CDROM with parity checking set to on, the whole install was
corrupted. Everything was fine once I disabled parity checking.

HTH,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Noticable One (Rotten Apples)