Re: Debian MIPS port

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 09:06:47AM +0200, Claus Høyer wrote:
> Hi Guido,
>
> I didn't expect anything newer than 3.0, what I mean is that the
> Debian/MIPS port has not been around for a long time, and I wonder if
> there seems to be sufficient commitment to/interest in this architecture
> that it will continue to be supported well into the future?

The basic port itself does not require that much work as most of it has
been done in the past and the autobuilders keep the set of built
packages on current state. From time to time the build toolchain
breaks or somebody decides we need new threads so people like me
and Guido sit down and try to fix it at a beer (I drink the beer, guido
does the coding)

> With regards to my question regarding which MIPS ISA was supported,
> since the Debian/MIPS port is actually running on the MIPS ISA I R3000A
> (in a DECstation 5000/240), it appears to be in fine shape for my purpose.

Its not that easy - Its running ISA I + ll/sc which is emulated in
kernel for CPUs like the R3k which does not have it.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo@rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
                        Heisenberg may have been here.