Re: xserver-xfree86 packages for Debian Woody

Hi,
On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 06:30:38PM +0800, Davyd wrote:
> I am looking for xserver-xfree86 packages for Debian Woody, suitable for
> an SGI Indy. Ones that correct the black-screen-visible-cursor issue.
Well, you can simply grab the server from:
 http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/linux-mips/xfree86/bin/xfree86-2002-11-10.tar.gz
But I would recommend to upgrade at least to testing/sarge anyway, we
had so many bugs fixed (especially when it comes to c++ applications
that I'd really make an (at least partial) update).

> Failing that, will using pbuilder on a Debian Unstable i386 system to
> create a woody chroot successfully work with the MIPS cross-compiler?
> It feels like it wouldn't.
No it doesn't. You can't "crossbootstrap" with debootstrap. You'll have
to do all this on an Indy. Crosscompiling X is quiet easy though, build
a crosscompiler and use dpkg-cross, no need for pbuilder or a chroot.
Hope that helps,
 -- Guido