Re: tftpboot install on SGI Indy

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 03:35:01PM -0400, Russell P. Sutherland wrote:
> I had opportunity to perform an installation of
> the current version of Debian on 3 SGI Indy's
> recently.
>
> It took me several attempts to make the tftboot install work.
> Notably, if one selects the ext3 optional journaling file
> system from the corresponding menu, the system will hang
> ala:
>
> 	kernel panic VFS: can't mount fs root file system
>
> When I choose the normal ext2 file system all works normally.

Have you checked whether the default kernel supports ext3 ?

cat /proc/filesystems

BTW - Even if its an ext3 filesystem and your reboot went ok from the
installation you should be able to mount the filesystem as ext2 - the
kernel usually does that by fall-back anyway.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo@rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
                        Heisenberg may have been here.