Re: gcc -mips2 support on indy - resolved

Guido ask me to summarize our findings. First, here's the problem I had

>   indy-01$ cc test.c -mips2
>   indy-01$ ./a.out
>   bash: ./a.out: No such file or directory
>   indy-01$ ls a.out
>   a.out

This was happening on my Indy running a fresh install of Debian 3.0r1
from the CD's. It didn't happen on my Qube 2, which I did a netinstall
of and an not too sure of the exact version I installed, other than it
was the woody release.

Guido correctly concluded that it was a kernel bug. I was running with
2.4.16. Installing 2.4.19 fixed the problem. Also, my Qube 2 is running
2.4.17 without any problem, so the this bug was probably fixed in 2.4.17

Thanks to Guido for all his help and his patients in helping me install
a new kernel for the first time.

Chris Plummer