Re: dietlibc - mipsel build failure

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 07:45:18PM +0100, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> Gerrit Pape wrote:
> > the latest upload of the diet libc fails to build from source on mipsel.
> > That's curious, because there are no changes in the mips(el) code since
> > the previous version (0.22-0cvs20021128.2) which did build fine.  The
> > package still builds fine on mips.

> Specifically, it looks like the assembler has changed (binutils from
> CVS after 12-12-2002). I guess the mips gas on the autobuilder is
> older, while the mipsel one is newer. At least the Linux Kernel is also
> affected by this.
>
> I've just posted a patch to the binutils mailing list which hopefully
> fixes the assembler. If you are interested in the details, see
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-02/msg00179.html

Ok, thanks a lot for this information.  Judging from that, dietlibc
should be fixed.  But upstream has put the fix on hold temporarily.  I am
not that sure either.

Now I have to thank the guy who has somehow managed to make the
autobuilder build the dietlibc package on mips/el.  Thanks!  Does that
mean that dietlibc doesn't need a fix anymore, or is it just a
workaround?

Regards, Gerrit.