problem with debian rootfs...

Hello,

I have strange problems while trying to exec've the shell/init after
kernel does initial boot.

mounting of root filesystem and opening of /dev/console and other related
stuffs appear fine.

since i have put debug statements in sys_open() ..i can see in my kermit
screen different libraries being opened as execution goes on ..but no
output from any user space programme in my kermit screen.

typical output is like this after execve starts in init/main.c..

file being opened is /etc/ld.so.preload
-->fd is -2(ENOENT)
file being opened is /etc/ld.so.cache
-->fd is -2(ENOENT)
tmp is /lib/libc.so.6
-->fd is 3
Got cpu at 2aac2890.
Got cpu at 2aac2894.
Got cpu at 2aac2898.
Got cpu at 2aac289c.
Got cpu at 2aac28a8.
Got cpu at 2aac28dc.
file being opened is  /dev/console
-->fd is 0
file being opened is /etc/localtime
-->fd is -2(ENOENT)

file being opened is /etc/ld.so.preload
-->fd is -2(ENOENT)
Got cpu at 2aac287c.
Got cpu at 2aac2880.
Got cpu at 2aac2884.
Got cpu at 2aac2888.
Got cpu at 2aac288c.
Got cpu at 2aac2890.

file being opened is /etc/ld.so.cache
-->fd is -2(ENOENT)
file being opened is /lib/libc.so.6fd is 3
Got cpu at 2aac287c.
Got cpu at 2aac2880.
Got cpu at 2aac2884.
Got cpu at 2aac2888.
Got cpu at 2aac288c.
AND IT CONTINUES INDEFINITELY...

" Got cpu at" is another unexplained event ..from where it is coming..i
guess somewhere from ramdisk..

also i am getting the name of file being exec'ved as /sbin/dbootstrap
( if /sbin/init is execved) or /bin/sh ( if init=/bin/sh command line
option)

apart from this if i print the return from do_execve being called from
sys_execve() i get zero that indicated do_execve() successfull.

after all this i think this might be problem of just getting output of
user programmes correctly on kermit screen.

Points to mention:--

1> i am downloading kernel via kermit on /dev/ttyS0

2>kernel command line is "root=/dev/ram console=ttyS1,115200n8
init=/bin/sh rw"

here if i use console=ttyS0 ..immediately in console_init() called in
init/main.c i start getting junk characters..offcourse i tried to set
speed at 115200n8 in
serial_console_setup() ..as my kermit is listening on 115200 bps.

if anybody can give me some idea how to go ahead it will be of great
help...

Regards,
suresh.