FYI - Debian install

(as it seems like something is wrong with my mailserver, i try send this mail one more time.)

I tried installing Debian again today on my SGI Indigo2, and there is a problem with the bootdisk/debbootstrap when using nfsroot.

It seems to me like the installer tries to mount the nfs with the lock option. This will result that the installer hangs a while, and the installer will fail when installing packages.

Fix:
When the installer want you to mount the nfs partition, execute a shell, and mount the nfs with "mount -o nolock server://path /target" instead.
The installer likes this much better, and the installation will not fail.

At least, it worked for me.
:)
(ps! I was using Guido`s bootdisks. i was not installing via a serial console)

--
Med Vennlig Hilsen / Best regards
Christer Gundersen / dizzy tun3Z