Re: Kernel build trouble on indigo2

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 05:22:41PM +0100, franco.tassone@inwind.it wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've tried to build natively a custom kernel on my indigo2, so I walked
> through the make menuconfig, make dep and make boot processes.
> I receive various errors for missing elements in structures, constants
> missing and other amenities.
> Tried versions 2-4-18, 2-4-19  and 2-4-20, similiar problems.
> Does exist a polite method to perform a custom kernel buils on an Indigo2 ?
> Any hints will be appreciated.

The stock kernels will most probably not work.
Did you try the MIPS-Linux kernel tree from http://www.linux-mips.org/ ?
An other possibility would be to the the mips kernel-source package
with should be available with your Debian/MIPS distribution.

Regards,

Florian
P.S.: Your mail program seems to insert superfluos ^M and makes too
long lines. Please fix that.