Re: kernel panic:no init found and not enough space for bootp

Thanks for the help Fungi.

Isn't ttyS2 serial port 2?  Do I have to interact with
the machine on a serial port?  Can I use the keyboard
and video console?

I tried passing the parameter "console=/dev/tty1" but
only got Tux smiling in the corner and a flashing
block cursor.

If I must connect via the serial port, would a serial
cable back to a Minicom session on my Linux machine
work?

BTW my shear stupidity was preventing me from
reproducing the first error I got because I replaced
the vmlinux file on the tftp server with the wrong one
by accident.  Doh!

Thanks much,
pK.