Re: SGI Indy R5000: dpkg --configure xfonts-75dpi crash

iiOn Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 11:36:55AM +0000, Greg MATTHEWS wrote:
> interesting... i got this behaviour (huge dump to screen followed by hard lock
> up requiring mains lead tug) whenever i tried to apt-get xdm. in fact xdm was
> part of one of the tasksel options that i tried to install. i was able to boot
> single user and apt-get remove xdm and my indy booted fine. any attempt to
Problem of xdm reading blindly out of /dev/mem. Use
 DisplayManager*randomFile: /dev/urandom
in xdm-config as a workaround. For more details see
 http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2002/debian-x-200208/msg00105.html
Should be fixed by one of the next uploads of xfree86 to unstable.
 -- Guido