SGI O2 port?

Hello there.

I'm using an SGI O2 (old-style...R5000, 128MB RAM) and am getting fed up
with the $$$ SGI wants us to keep shelling out to keep current. How can
I install the MIPS version of Debian on my O2 and can I dual-boot it
with the IRIX 6.5.15m that's on here now?

Also, is there any idea when a more fully functional version will be
available? I.e. how close are people to getting one done?

Thanks very much for your time & patience with me, a Linux newbie who
fell in love with Corel and Xandros and wants to run something similar
on his beloved SGI.

Sincerely,
Sean M. Pappalardo