Re: Debootstrap issues

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 02:24:38AM +0100, Lucas Moulin wrote:
> The weirdest thing is I've got a friend who's got the _exact_ same
> hardware, and had no problem installing Debian Woody. Am I cursed or
> something ? Where could this problem come from, besides debootstrap ?
> Again, thanks in advance.
Are these machines really exactly the same? Maybe different CPU revisions?
If you really want to track this down and your friend lives nearby you
can probably switch CPUs and RAM with him and repeat the experiment?
Another thing would be to install via serial console, so you can more
easily cut and paste error messages (maybe also try the 'official'
boot-floppies from ftp.debian.org).

> --
> Lucas Moulin <lucaramel@yahoo.fr>
> "I wish I had a shilling for every senseless killing, I'd buy a
> government" -- NOFX
"I say don't drink and drive, you might spill your drink" -- NOFX
Regards,
 -- Guido