Re: debian-mipsel installed on a Cobalt Qube2

So then, Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de> is all like:

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 10:52:22AM -0700, Neale Pickett wrote:
>
> > Now this is encouraging news!  I think the NASRaq uses the same hardware
> > as the Qube 2700.  What's in /proc/cpuinfo?  If the bogomips is under
>
> system type             : MIPS Cobalt
> processor               : 0
> cpu model               : Nevada V10.0  FPU V10.0
> BogoMIPS                : 249.03

Ah, it's a Qube 2 then.  This uses a different boot loader than the Qube
2700, so your kernel probably won't work either.

> Unfortunately I have accidentally deleted the .config. It is based on
> arch/mips/defconfig-cobalt, with just network support (tulip), IDE
> harddisk support, ext2 and serial console enabled. If I find the time,
> I build a new kernel and send you the .config over the weekend.

Don't bother on my account--anything you build is unlikely to be
significantly different from what I built.  I don't think kernel size is
the issue, I think it's just a really old boot loader.

Thinking out loud here, shouldn't it be possible to pull in the Qube's
boot instructions on a running Qube?  Then you could go over it in a
debugger and see what it expects for a kernel.

Doing that might be illegal in the US, though.  *sigh*

Neale