Re: nano unusable

I have the same problem with sparc installs using wy60 serial
consoles. Everything works fine up to the first reboot, then the
first pass through the config tools after reboot anywhere I need to
type in values I get extra garbage. And, as you experienced, nano's
display is hosed beyone usability. Something like nvi in line-mode
would have been safer, methinks. Both before and after this phase of
installation, all tools seem to handle these serial consoles fine,
even going so far as to use line-draw characters and not bothering
to spit out ANSI color sequences. I just use backspace a lot and
avoid using tasksel/dselect until after the first root login. But
this is indeed just a workaround, and not a very good one at that.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);