Re: Nec MobilePro 800/Independent Study

Thanks for the reply,

> Jesse,
>
> Porting Linux is not an easy task.  Fortunately the processor
> for mobilepro 800 is already supported.

I realize that porting linux is no easy task, especially for a one hour
independent study :).  However, I was hoping that since some functionality
already exists I could help in attempting to improve things in some
manner, triaging bugs, testing code, perhaps writing some code, etc.  I
had originally hoped to try and implement a software floating point
processor since the VR series doesn't have one, but I took a look at the
source at seems someone had already beat me, and it looked to be a
formidable task.

> You may find my porting guide useful.
>
> http://linux.junsun.net/porting-howto
>
> BTW, I got my Ph.D from UIUC a few years ago.  Glad to know you
> are doing something with embedded systems and linux.  Who is your
> advisor, BTW?

Well actually this is just undergraduate work with my CS232 professor
Howard Huang, so I don't have a real advisor at this point.

> Jun

-Jesse W. Hathaway