Re: bootfloppies on DECstation 5000/125

* Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de> [20020306 21:09]:
> I have built current CVS boot-floppies with a current Linux/MIPS CVS
> kernel (including Ralf's R3k-cache handling changes and Maciej's
> version of the pagetable-patch). Could you please test it on your
> R3k-based machines?

This kernel works _much_ better.  I've finally been able to complete
debootstrap without crashing the box.

I found the following problems:

  - I think after getting the modules via http, I see the following
    output on my screen:

            l ;4H on f i  lesy    stem    on     loop

    This is probably displayed when mounting the disk?

  - There were obviously no modules or something.  When I chose "Configure
    Device Driver Modules", I got this screen:

        lqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqu Problem tqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqk
        x                                                             x
        x No modules were found in                                    x
        x /target/lib/modules/2.4.18-r3k-kn02 that could be           x
        x configured. Please install the kernel modules first, by     x
        x running the "Configure Device Driver Modules" step          x

    Pretty stupid message since this is what I chose.

    Oh, this is probably a problem in my environment.  I didn't
    install from the Internet but from a local rep and my
    r3k-kn02/drivers.tgz were out of date... still, the message does
    not make much sense.

Anyway, the installation was really smooth.  debootstrap completed
with the new kernel and DELO was installed properly.  Thanks for your
work!

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com