Re: config.guess vs. mips?

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Ryan Murray wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 12:39:11PM +0100, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:
> > I see that one of my packages suddenly fails to build on mips [0] and this
> > seems to be related to the fact that config.guess and config.sub were
> > updated to the latest versions from FSF upstream and now they fail.  Can
>
> Updating to latest-and-greatest CVS is done at your peril.

Well, it didn't come from CVS.  It rather came from
<ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/config/>.  Which, BTW, contains
zero-legth files now, thus letting the mirrors overwrite
their copies, which sucks and puts Linus' "real men just
upload their stuff via FTP and let the whole world mirror
it" into perspective.    :-(

>                                                            The 12/13 commit
> of config.guess and config.sub were broken for mips.  The first commit of
> 2002 fixes the problem, so update again.

Anyways, I put in woody's config.{guess,sub} now and fed it
again into the build system.  Guess that should solve things.

Thanx, anyways
            -richy.
--
  .''`.  Richard B. Kreckel