kernel panic:no init found and not enough space for bootp

Hello,

Thanks for the help with "Yeee, can't determine your
architecture type", the right kernel from Glaurung's
site did the trick.

I was able to boot using bootp/dhcpd once.  It was
beautiful.  The SGI penguin smiled upon me, but the
last few messages were:

Freeing unused kernel memory: 276K freed
Warning:unable to open an initial console
kernel panic:no init found. Try passing init= option
to the kernel

Any ideas on how to remedy would be great?

Unfortunately now a new problem that's preventing me
from trying to reproduce the above kernel panic.  When
I follow the steps that gave me the above error, I
don't get nearly as far.  An error is returned at the
PROM prompt after I type "bootp():"  -- the error is:

Setting $netaddr to 192.168.1.128 (from server(
Obtaining from server
Unable to execute bootp()":: not enough space

I've tried unsetenv on all the variables tha I set,
but it doesn't help, nor does rebooting the machine.

I don't want to smack of desperateness, but if anyone
could help me get back to the kernel panic or beyond I
would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks much,
pK.