Re: ...delo getting me frustrated :-)

Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:
> last time I forgot to CC the -mips ml's...
>
> update to the mail below:
>
> after uncommenting the bootinit() call (why is it done anyway?

bootinit is supposed to initialize firmware's access to the boot device.

> when
> reading the partitiontable w/ bootread() it hasn't been called anyway..
> and yet bootread() works...)
> stuff works as follows:
>

> >>boot
> delo V0.7 Copyright 2000 Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
>
> KN02-BA V5.7e    (PC: 0x80441864, SP: 0x8043fef0)
> >>printenv
>  boot=3/rz3
>  testaction=q
>  haltaction=h
>  more=24
>  console=s
>  #=3
>  osconsole=3
> >>

> ...why is it stopping here now? :-/

You might be interested in my improved version of delo, source is available
at http://www.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de/homes/ths/linux-mips/delo

It fixes several quirks, maybe also this one. I can't promise it will
work for you, though. :-) If bootinit always returns -1, it won't.

Thiemo