building with dietlibc fails on mips/mipsel

Hello,

the runit package builds with the dietlibc by default and links its
programs statically. This works for all other architectures the dietlibc
is available for but fails on mips and mipsel due to a pic - no-pic
linking conflict, please see the build log:

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=runit&ver=0.7.1-2&arch=mips&stamp=1035534282&file=log&as=raw

I hope you can give me a hint what could be wrong.  Compiling and
linking the first two binaries is successful. It then fails with runsv.
The only difference seems to be the included time.a library.

Thanks, Gerrit.