Re: bootp or nfsboot

On Tue, 2002-08-20 19:44:12 -0400, Luis Barrientos <luis@debian.redes.cl>
wrote in message <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.1020820194003.29120A-100000@debian.redes.cl>:
> On 29 Jul 2002, no-exit wrote:
>
> tftp dgram udp wait root /usr/etc/in.tftpd in.tftpd /tftpboot/
>  but my indy R5K doesn't want to boot from it i says on the command
> monitor this:
>
> No server for:.
> what seem to be my problem?? is there anyone who has installed debian on a
> R5K???

Try booting with:

boot bootp():/tftpboot/tftpboot,img   ......

Another option is that you're probably running Linux with path MTU
discovery switched on. Some Indys son't like it, so:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_no_path_mtu
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_no_pmtu_disc

Using Debian, you can place these two lines into your /etc/sysctl.conf:

net/ipv4/ip_no_path_mtu=1
net/ipv4/ip_no_pmtu_disc=1

That'll do the job. If it doesn't, you'd tcpdump your boot attempt.
Then, we'll have real data to look at:-)

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw   .   jbglaw@lug-owl.de   .   +49-172-7608481
	 -- New APT-Proxy written in shell script --