Re: Indy as a print server

On Tue, 2002-05-07 13:52:05 +0200, Guido Guenther <agx@debian.org>
wrote in message <[🔎] 20020507135205.A11069@gandalf.physik.uni-konstanz.de>:
> On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 01:23:55PM +0200, Melanchthon, Daniel wrote:

> > How can I enable the parallel port? I did not find anything useful about
> > this problem in the mailing list yet.

> Write a driver. The parallel port is still unsupported. Docs can be found
> at ftp://oss.sgi.com:/pub/linux/mips/doc/indy.

Well... ioc2.ps mentiones:

Section 4.0: Register Description

0x1fbd9800:	Parallel Port Data Register
0x1fbd9804:	Parallel Port Control Register
0x1fbd9808:	Parallel Port Status Register
(...and some DMA and Timer Registers)

-and-

Section 4.2: Parallel Registers, addresses 0x1fbd9800 - 0x1fbd982c

The Parallel Port Macro is identical to the Parallel Interface Chip
designed internally by Scott Sellers and John Lin of Silicon Graphics.
Section 3 of their specification defines the register set in detail.

Is there more documentation available since Control and Status register
seem quite important to me...

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw   .   jbglaw@lug-owl.de   .   +49-172-7608481
	 -- New APT-Proxy written in shell script --