Re: Comment on install manual

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 10:07:39PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Section 6.3.1 mentions you can create a SGI disk label from the fdisk
> expert menu, but when I had x in fdisk it tells me `Sorry, not experts
> menu for SPI partition tables available'. Somethings feels fishy here..
SPI has it's own disklabel - cool :)
If your disk has a SGI disklabel already, the expert menu is not
available(for whatever reason, I'll file a wishlist bug against
util-linux - it should at least allow to recreate the disklabel) and
there's usually no need to build a new one. If you really want to, you
can /dev/zero the first blocks of your disk. Afterwards the expert menu
allows you to create a new disklabel.
 -- Guido