Re: Woody on Cobalt (RaQ/Qube)

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:47:53 +0200
Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org> wrote:

> Nope - I know some people succeeded in doing so - I havent got any Cube
> or RaQ so i can't help.
>
> There is no debian installer or the like. There are patches in the
> cvs to support the Cube.

When I have a little spare time (not very often) I try and progress my
work of getting Debian running on my Qube 2.

The is a Debian disk image here:

    http://www.transvirtual.com/~jsimmons/debian-cobalt/

but that particular kernel has a bug which makes working with it
a bit diffifcult. I was however able to get it up and running and
apt-get enough stuff to compile a kernel.

I aam currently working from this document:

    http://linux-mips.sourceforge.net/sf-mips-howto.html

but have not yet succeeded in getting one of my compiled kernels
to run :-(.

Hope this helps,
Erik