Re: porting Mozart to alpha, arm, hppa, mipsel, s390

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 11:59:34AM +0200, Denys Duchier wrote:
> Marco Kuhlmann suggested I contact these lists directly.  (Marco is
> our Debian contact for distributing Mozart, see http://www.mozart-oz.org/).
>
> There is a problem report (PR#842: Build fails on alpha, arm, hppa,
> mipsel, s390) logged in our bug tracking system, but it is not going
> to make much progress unless the platform maintainers work directly
> with me.

As it seems to build on mips i guess something is really broken in the
build system - I guess there are wrong assumption about endianess.

Mips and mipsel look the same in the "uname" output (Exactly the same)
but differ in endianess - So assumptions about endianess based on the
architecture are invalid on mips.

> So, if you are interested in resolving this issue, let's work
> together.

If you send me details off-list i can provide you with accounts on
mips and mipsel machines.

Flo
Nine nineth on september the 9th              Welcome to the new billenium