Correct .config for 2.4.18 kernel?

Hello,
  I have been looking all over the web for the correct config for an SGI
Indy for a 2.4.18 kernel, or a 2.4 kernel at all for that matter. I have
seen it discussed, and said that not all configurations work, so the
question I have is what is a basic .config that should compile with no
problems on my Indy using a 2.4.18 kernel. Also if the kernel won't
compile out of the tar(box) what patches would I need.

The reason I am requesting this, is I cannot get the 2.4.18 to compile
at all, or a 2.4.1(out of oss.sgi.com cvs) or 2.5.7. So it must be user
error in config.

Thank you,
Stephen Harrell

--