Re: Funny discrepancy in System clock & file creation date on R4600 IP22

On Wed, 2002-03-20 13:23:03 -0500, Serge Gagne <sgagne@flashsolutions.qc.ca>
wrote in message <[🔎] 3C98D387.44B921B@flashsolutions.qc.ca>:
> I have just install for the first time debian on a SGI Indy R4600 100Mhz
> 160Mo.  The installation went fine. I downloaded libIDL-0.6.8.tar.gz in
> /usr/src then started tar zxvf to find out that the file creation date
> tar produced was sometime in 1997!  The date command report the current
> date correctly! I'm unable to ./configure libIDL cause my system
> obviously in not sane timewise ;-(

When tar creates a file, it tries to restore the original file's
modification time, so some files in your archive might be some
5 years old? ...or the creator's computer clock was bad.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw   .   jbglaw@lug-owl.de   .   +49-172-7608481
	 -- New APT-Proxy written in shell script --