Re: cross-compiler

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 08:31:23AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> Has anyone had success building a cross-compiler for MIPS recently?
> I want to cross-compile a kernel for a big-endian mips system.
> My host is i386.

> I've tried Debian's latest gcc sources, and also the 2.8.1 sources,
> and they just won't build with various errors. All of the instructions
> I've found on the web use gcc 2.7.3 or even 2.6.x.

I have a cross-compiler for mipsel, built with the toolchain-source
package (gcc 3.0.3) and modelled after gcc-avr/binutils-avr.  It should
be fairly easy to build for a mips target as well.

Some here have suggested that gcc 3.0.3 is no good for compiling kernels
on mips yet.  I don't know, I haven't tried.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer