Re: debian-cd lacks boot support for mips and mipsel

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 12:19:00PM +0100, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
> Hi!
>
> While trying to add the mips and mipsel architectures to the
> cdimage-unofficial.debian.net site I found that this arches don't have the
> scripts to make the cds bootable, so I'm not able to make bootable cds for
> them at the moment. This two are the only arches targetted for woody for
> wich I was not able to make bootable cds at the moment.
>
> I was wondering if there are unofficial patches not commited on debian-cd
> cvs for making this cds bootable or if anybody knowing how to make cds for
> mips/mipsel bootable could create them.
Unfortunately no. But even nonbootable CDs would be a good thing. Are
there any problems building these without additional patches?
I'll try to find some time to look into the debian-cd package but I fear
it will not be feasable for mips since our bootloader(arcboot) currently
only reads ext2 fs which is also true for delo(the mipsel bootloader) I
think.
 -- Guido