Re: Tar'ed Base System?

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Michael Goetze wrote:

> > The root.tar is just under 6 megs, though.  Where can I find the
> > installation files?  That was my big question.
>
> Well, my favourite place to get them is ftp.de2.debian.org, but you
> might prefer something closer to you... Anyways, I don't see why you're
> worry about this instead of letting dbootstrap worry about it for
> you...

I want to have everything I need on one of my servers.  I will probably
install several times, and it will be fastest if I can install from a
local server.  I also want to put the installation setup on a CD so that I
can go home and install there.  Installing over a modem is NOT an option.

Once I get everything sorted out, I want to make a CD to give to friends
so that they can duplicate my setup exactly.

I will look for the MIPS files on ftp.de2.debian.org, since I did not
find anything for MIPS && 3.0 on the main site.

Thanks,

-Richard