ext2 comments (was: Re: Compiling a new kernel for an indy and how many scsi hd is supported?)

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 05:25:24PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 03:25:29PM +0200, Soeren Laursen wrote:
> > The kernel will then boot and suddenly dump a lot of strange
> > information and it is not a kernel panic. Then it stops.
> >

> Something abount "bit already set in inode" ? This is caused
> by the latest cvs update to 2.4.5 which probably is located
> in bitops.h. I wasnt able to find it just by staring at the code.

 I have been trying to use ext2 with 2.4.5:

	# mkfs /dev/sdb1
	# mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt
	# cd /mnt
	# tar xzf /root/base2_2.2.tar.gz

	 the machine locks hard almost immediately.

 This same behaviour happend with linux_2_4_4, I had to go back to linux_2_4_3
 for it to work. So maybe ext2 broke between 2.4.3 and 2.4.4 and not on the
 latest cvs update or maybe this is an unrelated problem.

> > Another question I tried to use the second disk in the indy but it
> > make a lot of scsi reset.
>
> One can use it but the scsi controller driver is buggy which can
> cause filesystem corruption.

 Is the problem realy with the second disk on a single controller or in using
 both at the same time?

 Thanks for a great job

 	ranty

--