Illegal instruction

Since the precompiled kernel I found did not have support for psaux,
which is required for X, I compiled my own kernel from a fresh cvs
checkout. The new kernel keeps giving me messages like this:

[tar:245] Illegal instruction 0100017c at 2ac9849c ra=00000001
[ls:246] Illegal instruction 0100017c at 2ac9849c ra=00000000

I saw in the archives that Florian might have a patch for this
problem, and I assume this patch has been applied to the precompiled
kernel. Is there a problem with this patch since it has not been
applied to the cvs-tree? Is this patch available somewhere?

                                                   Per Kristian