Re: perl-base stuck, autobuilders for MIPS?

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 03:16:24PM +0200, Kristoffer Gleditsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been installing Sid on a couple of SGI Indys the last week.  They
> are working pretty well, but the perl-base package seems to be stuck
> on version 5.6.0-21.  The source version is currently 5.6.1-3, and
> there are some dependency problems, making it want to remove ssh and
> somesuch.  Should this kind of "build lag" be bug reported (I can't
> find anything about this on the perl-base bug pages), or is it a known
> problem?

I guess there is a problem with the current perl - I have to try it ...

> On a related note: Is there any need for more autobuilders for the
> MIPS port?  I can easily set up an Indy or two (R4600 100Mhz, 2x500MB
> disk, 64MB RAM, decent network), put them in a shelf in our machine
> room and dedicate them to autobuilding.

We do already have one Indy and a Indigo2 - One of the major problems
which already let the autobuilding process halt for a couple of
days is disk corruption if multiple disks are connected to an SCSI
bus. This is still not fixed and i guess an SCSI driver issue.

This is why Ryan currently builds on the Indy with only one 18G disk
connected.

Flo