Re: mipsel base

* Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org> [20010518 18:16]:
> > I am looking for base2_2.2.tgz for little endian (if
> > exist at all). I followed almost every link at:
> > http://www.debian.org/ports/mips/
> > with no success.
>
> There is currently no such base - We are working haevily on it
> and most packages should already reside on the debian ftp
> server and mirrors.

True.  BTW, there will never be a base_xx.tgz anymore (at least not
directly from Debian).  debootstrap is now used to setup a base
system.  I have submitted a patch for debootstrap to add support for
mips and mipsel, submitted a patch for makedev to support mipsel and
I'm currently building some packages needed by debootstrap.  I hope
debootstrap can be used in about a week to make mipsel bases.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com