Re: Indy Linux Install problem

I am using the recommended packages and the vmlinux kernel is on the IRIX
server.  I am currently getting the following error:

VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem) readonly.
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

I don't know why the fs is readonly. I explicitly put rw in the
/etc/exports.  Is this why the initial console cannot be opened? I read
the nfsroot.txt and I have come across other people with the same problem,
but no soln.  What am I missing? I tried both the ecoff and normal
vmlinux, both panic.  This is my command line:

>bootp():vmlinux init=/bin/bash nfsroot=171.64.72.121:/ld2/linux/debian \
root=/dev/nfs

thank you for your assistance,
john davis