Re: Woody Freeze Plans (here mips)

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 12:37:33PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > And yes, I think there were DECstations with floppies.
>
> Yes, they have been seen, iirc Karsten has one or two.

Unfortunately not - I have one with a floppy controller (5000/20), but it
has no floppy drive. The floppy connector looks like shugart, but I have
not yet tried to connect a standard floppy drive to it. Not everything
looking like a standard shugart connector really is one - if you do this
in a SPARCstation for example (which has the same connector type), you
need a new mainboard afterwards and I still need my poor little Maxine...

I have just acquired a new harddisk as a replacement for at least one of
my broken DECstation drives, so I have a running system again now and I
have done the first steps to work on a glibc-2.2.1-based mipsel-base.tgz.
My spare time is rather limited, so I will see what I can do but do not
expect fast results...

Greetings,
Karsten
--