Re: Install of Debian

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 10:17:15AM -0500, EuphoriaDj wrote:
> Is there a good place I can find complete instructions on a Debian mips
> installation and where I can download the proper files?
>

> Thanks
> TTFN
>

> --

There is not debian-mips installation manual. You can use the MIPS-HOWTO
or the INDIGO2-HOWTO. Please watch the port website under
http://www.debian.org/ports/mips/
a base.tgz you can find under ftp.uni-mainz.de/pub/Linux/debian-local/mips.
I think you can used for an nfs_root system(will try it this evening).

I am still working on the debian-install-process for mips. In main goal
is that you download the kernel and the ramdisk, via tftp and you are
in the know install screen from i386.

--

Henning Heinold