new binutils and glibc-2.2

after I built binutils with the patches from
ftp.ds2.pg.gda.pl/pub/macro/SRPMS/ I could successfully build
glibc-2.2 where the ld.so is working now.

but ..

some of the binaries and the shared-libs I built with the unpatched
binutils are crashing with bus-error. I have to rebuild them to work
with the new ld.so. But then they are not working with the old ld.so
(2.1.95) anymore. If I rebuild these libraries I get a consitent
system.

As soon as I think everything is working I will release these
packages.

At the moment I have:

ncurses-5.0
binutils-2.10.1.0.2
readline4-4.1
ncurses4.2-4.2
pam-0.72
apt-0.3.19

I am working on gcc-2.95-2.95.3

In my new system is at the moment the following packages. Most of them
a working without a problem. I have a problem with apt because of the
wrongly built libstd++. Also I think I have to rebuild xfree. I am not
shure about perls extensions.

None of the packages are linked agains libc-2.2 yet. It is still
libc-2.1.95.

ii  apt            0.3.19.1       Advanced front-end for dpkg
ii  base-files     2.2.4          Debian base system miscellaneous files
ii  base-passwd    3.2.0          Debian Base System Password/Group Files
ii  bash           2.04-9         The GNU Bourne Again SHell
ii  binutils       2.10.1.0.2-1.2 The GNU assembler, linker and binary utiliti
ii  debianutils    1.14           Miscellaneous utilities specific to Debian.
ii  dpkg           1.7.2          Package maintenance system for Debian
ii  findutils      4.1.6-2.1      utilities for finding files--find, xargs, an
ii  gawk           3.0.4-4        GNU awk, a pattern scanning and processing l
ii  grep           2.4.2-1        GNU grep, egrep and fgrep.
ii  gzip           1.2.4-33       The GNU compression utility.
ii  info           4.0-5          Standalone GNU Info documentation browser
ii  less           358-3          A file pager program, similar to more(1)
ii  libc6          2.2-8          GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone
ii  libdb2         2.7.7-2.2.1    The Berkeley database routines (run-time fil
ii  libncurses4    4.2-9.1        Shared libraries for terminal handling
ii  libncurses5    5.0-8.1        Shared libraries for terminal handling
ii  libpam-modules 0.72-13        Pluggable Authentication Modules for PAM
ii  libpam-runtime 0.72-13        Runtime support for the PAM library
ii  libpam0g       0.72-13        Pluggable Authentication Modules library
ii  libreadline4   4.1-4.1        GNU readline and history libraries, run-time
ii  libstdc++2.10- 2.95.2-20.1    The GNU stdc++ library
ii  login          20000902-1.1   System login tools
ii  ncurses-base   5.0-8          Descriptions of common terminal types
ii  ncurses-bin    5.0-8.1        Terminal-related programs and man pages
iU  perl-5.6       5.6.0-6        Larry Wall's Practical Extracting and Report
ii  perl-5.6-base  5.6.0-6        The Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister
ii  shellutils     2.0i-1         The GNU shell programming utilities.
ii  textutils      2.0-3          The GNU text file processing utilities.
ii  xfree86-common 4.0.1pre2.RC4- X Window System (XFree86) infrastructure
ii  xlibs          4.0.1pre2.RC4- X Window System client libraries