Re: please build xine!

Siggi Langauf wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm currently trying to get a recent version of xine-lib and xine-ui into
> the testing archive. (xine is a media player, for those who wonder about
> it) However, the buildds for sparc and mips seem to sabotage any such
> effort: They're not even trying to build...

> So is there any reason why the buildd doesn't give xine a try? Any way to
> get mips packages uploaded?

Maybe because the maintainer told it not to try?

Package: xine
Architecture: i386 ia64 powerpc

Package: xine-dvd
Architecture: i386 ia64 powerpc

xine (0.4.3-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * hopefully the last bugfix on 0.4 series
  * architecture contains now ia64 and ppc though James sais that's broken.
                                                          `y
Additionally:

*** LIRC client support not available, LIRC support will be disabled ***
checking if gcc supports -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 flags... no
checking if gcc supports -fno-strict-aliasing flags... yes
checking if gcc supports -fschedule-insns2 flags... yes
checking if gcc supports -mwide-multiply flags... no
mips-unknown-linux-gnu is not currently supported by xine
make: *** [configure-stamp] Error 1

Regards,

	Joey

--
Crap can work.
Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a good idea.