Re: Latest Debain on Cobalt Cube

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 20:09:02 -0500
mike@milliways.cx (Mike Mattice) wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 01:21:50PM -0700, James Simmons wrote:
> >
> > Okay folks. After much work we have images for download. The URL is
> >
> > http://www.pocketlinux.com/~samc/debian-cobalt
> >
> > Read the README first. Have fun.
>
> k. the README mentions some patches from sourceforge to add to the
> 2.4.5 kernel...  I'm not finding them there.  I'd like to try to
> apply the sysmips patch and get my box all squeaky clean.  Maybe
> you could put the patches in that same web path too?

I'm also trying to get a Cibe2 running with Debian.

The code is on sourceforge but has to be retrieved using cvs. Here's how
to do it:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.linux-mips.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/linux-mips login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.linux-mips.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/linux-mips co linux
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.linux-mips.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/linux-mips co scripts

Once you have the files downloaded from cvs, there are some scripts in the scripts
directory for merging the code from cvs with the stock linux-2.4.5 kernel. I'm
downloading the kernel code now.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo     nospam@mega-nerd.com      (Yes its valid)
>From Time magazine, "Numbers" section:
 $5 million:  Estimated annual cost for a 10-year program that
              would identify large asteroids most threatening
              to earth.
 $75 million: Budget for "Deep Impact", a film about the
              devastation caused when a comet hits earth.